Archiv orientalní (ArOr) - Proposals for 2023 Special Issue
Archiv orientalní (ArOr) welcomes proposals for its 2023 Special Issue (Deadline for submitting proposal: June 30th, 2022).
Guidelines for Submitting a Proposal for a Special Issue
Proposals for a special issue should include the following information:
1. A proposed title for the special issue;
2. A one-page description of the focus of the issue; including a brief description of a) why the special issue is a good fit for ArOr, its mission and readership; b) why the topic or theme is timely; c) how the special issue will contribute to the advancement of the academic debate around the topic of enquiry;
3. A curriculum vitae of the Guest Editor;
4. A list of prospective contributors, the titles of their articles, a brief abstract with the inclusion of 6-8 keywords for each abstract, and the total length of the special issue;
5. A proposed timeline for production.
Guest Editor Responsibilities
1. All the tasks included in the guidelines for the submission of the proposal for a special issue;
2. Managing all exchanges with the contributors and with the editorial office of Archiv orientalní;
3. Coordination of the special issue;
4. Communicating to contributors that submitting a paper is not a guarantee for publication;
5. Gathering of all articles and submitting these to ArOr;
6. Receiving all articles and reviews and forwarding these to the respective authors;
7. Negotiating revisions with ArOr;
8. Ensuring the timeline is respected.
Proposals for a special, thematic issue are assessed in two stages. They are first submitted to the Editorial Board for approval. If the editorial team deems it interesting according to the scope of the journal, proposals are then submitted to the journal’s editorial board.
If approved, all articles are sent to two referees for double blind peer-review process. Comments and requests for changes on each individual article will be collected by the Executive Editor and forwarded to the Guest Editor for discussion and approval.
Special Issue submission deadline: June 30, 2022
Notification of accepted issue: August 1, 2022
Full paper submission deadline: December 31, 2022
Notification of accepted peer-reviewed submissions: May 30, 2023
Revised manuscripts due: July 15, 2023
Publication: December 2023
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a special issue, please email all the necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org; contact person: Anna Křivánková (Executive Editor). Specific questions about the journal and its special issues can be directed to the appropriate subject matter editor. A comprehensive guide can be found at http://aror.orient.cas.cz
About Archiv orientalní (ArOr)
Archiv orientalní (ArOr - http://aror.orient.cas.cz) is an indexed, peer-reviewed academic journal dedicated to the cultures and societies of Africa, Asia and the Middle East. ArOr is listed in Scopus, Art and Humanities Citation Index, and ERIH Plus and is accessible via ProQuest and EBSCO. The journal was founded in 1929 and has an uninterrupted history of high academic standards since then, aiming at reaching both the academic public as well as a wider readership interested in the areas covered.
Archiv orientalní is published three times per year (May, September and December), of which one is devoted to the publication of a special, thematic issue. Topics for the special issue can range in scope, discipline and time, provided they are concerned with the geographical areas covered by the journal; interdisciplinary or cross region themes are strongly supported.
Thematic issue normally consists of an introductory article (approximately 5,000 to 10,000 words) and 6-8 articles (7,000 to 10,000 words). Each thematic issue is overseen by a guest editor whose name appears printed on the front cover.